Terms & Conditions
GENERAL RULES | RESERVATIONS | PRIVACY | CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS | CHARTERS | CUSTOMER BEHAVIOR | SAFETY | WEBSITE POLICY
Please take a moment to read our fishing charter terms and conditions. By making a booking you acknowledge that you have read our terms and conditions and agree with them. Knowing what is expected and abiding by these rules is vital in any cruising or fishing charter. Please help us keep you safe by adhering to these rules and listening to some basic instructions given by the Captain.
Prior to undertaking any charter it is important that the person booking the charter and all passengers understand the following terms and conditions.
FISHING CHARTER GENERAL RULES
- A licensed Captain will assist you and ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience aboard our boats.
- The Captain has total authority on the vessel and any decision made by the Captain overrides any other prior agreement and/or decision.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the departure time at dock.
- If you are late we will wait for you, but the boat will return to port as scheduled.
- Travel times to and from the fishing grounds or fishing spots are included in the length of the trip.
- Minimum number of passengers to make a trip is 1 and maximum of 7.
- The Captain will offer a safety brief on board before departure.
- Fishing Adventures Bonaire will not be responsible for the loss or damage of any items or valuables brought on board the vessel by customers.
- You will be required to acknowledge our standard indemnity form before departure. Please bring a valid Identification Document with you.
FISHING CHARTER RESERVATIONS
- All reservations must be booked in advance.
- Charter Bookings will only be confirmed by us upon receipt of a $150 deposit payment.
- Upon reflection of your deposit payment in our bank account, we will email you your Charter Booking Confirmation.
- We accept VISA and Master Card only for downpayments. (No American Express). Cash payments are also accepted on location for the remainder, but a credit card is required to make the reservation.
- We accept reservations by phone, email and social media.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUND POLICY
- We reserve the right to cancel any scheduled fishing charter or tour due to unforeseen circumstances such as inclement weather or mechanical issues, even at short notice.
- If we cancel the charter there will be a full refund and the cancellation fee does not apply.
- It is at the Captain’s discretion whether the charter will be cancelled, a later departure or earlier return to port is called for due to any circumstances or weather conditions.
- All cancellations by customers must be made in writing and occur within a minimum of 7 days’ notice prior to the scheduled charter date. In this case your charter deposit payment will be refunded.
- Your Charter Deposit Payment will not be refunded if you cancel your charter with less than 7 full days notice.
- No show or cancellation within 24 hours of the scheduled charter date will incur a 100% Charter Fee payment.
- In Game Fishing Charters, there will be no refund if no fish are caught.
- If a person gets seasick or becomes unwell, the Captain will offer to spend the remaining time at sea or return to port. Either way, there will be no refund.
- If the weather turns bad unexpectedly and the Captain decides to return to port, a partial refund may be given.
FISHING CHARTER TOURS
- Minimum number of passengers for fishing charters is 1. Maximum number of passengers is 7.
- Four fishing lines are cast for trolling. If conditions allow, your Captain may cast more lines or decrease the number to adjust for conditions.
- A fishing license is not needed or required by guest anglers onboard our boats.
- Our boats are rigged for fishing. We provide quality fishing equipment (fishing rods/reels) for your use. We also provide the bait, artificial lures and teasers. You may bring your own fishing rods/reels and lures if you prefer.
- We will require reimbursement for any equipment damaged through negligence.
- We provide ice and bottled water. You are welcomed to bring other beverages and food to the boat.
- We cannot guarantee the fish will be biting on a particular day but we will use our best endeavours to get you on the fish and to cater for all levels of angler experience.
- It is our mission to optimize everyone’s opportunity to catch a fish. Fishing Adventures Bonaire does not guarantee every customer catches a fish. Fishing is a sport of chance and many variables outside our control determine the catch rate.
- All Spearfish, Black Marlin, Blue Marlin, Striped Marlin, Sailfish, Swordfish, Sharks, Rays, grouper, cubera snapper and Trevally Species are “Catch and Release” only.
CUSTOMER BEHAVIOR AND ALCOHOL
- It is required that all customers behave in a safe and respectful manner to all staff, other customers and our property.
- If we find that there has been loss or damage to our equipment or vessel due to negligence or unruly behaviour, you will be liable to cover the costs of these repairs or replacement value of the equipment.
- The Captain reserves the right to cancel a trip and return to port immediately if unruly or unsafe behavior is displayed. In such an event, no refunds will be made.
- We require that all our customers onboard behave responsibly at all times.
- The Captain reserves the right and sole discretion to refuse to allow a passenger or passengers onboard the vessel if they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. In such an event, the charter will be cancelled and no refunds will be made.
- We welcome children from 10 years and up. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Customers must follow the Captain’s instructions at all times while onboard.
- Our primary concern is for your safety, and you must comply with any instructions from the Captain immediately and without argument. This includes the wearing life jackets when asked to.
- Fishing Adventures Bonaire may publish any pictures or videos taken on board the charters for web or promotional purposes. Any person who has issue with this should discuss the matter with the Captain or the manager prior to departure.
2. The content of the pages of this website does not form part of any contract and is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
3. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to Fishing Adventures Bonaire. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
4. Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
5. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).